What is Umwelt?
Umwelt locks your computer when you are away from it and unlocks when you come back, automatically or tapping the fingerprint reader. By measuring the strength of the Bluetooth signal from your phone, it "senses" when you are close or away.
- You can adjust the locking/unlocking distance very easily from the main menu or from the phone.
- It doesn't mess up your existing screensaver and sleep mode configuration. You can also login typing a password.
- If someone closes the laptop lid while you are away, Umwelt tries to warn you on the phone. This is meant to help avoid laptop theft.
- You can configure unlocking to be automatic or not.
- The password is not stored in your phone. The phone contains only an AES key to decrypt the password stored on the PC.
- While you are close to the computer the screen saver is blocked even if you're not iterating with it. This is usefull for reading long texts.
See more details in the tutorial: How to install and use Umwelt on Windows.